Thursday, April 16, 2009

The "D" Day (Part 1)

I have this "detox" idea for a while. Not that I eat bad. We eat very little processed and packaged food. Most of our diets are relative clean and healthy, lots of veggies and fruits. I don't smoke, and I don't drink alcohol or soft drinks regularly. So why this "detox", you ask? Well, it's kind of my experiment on how much "better" I feel if I eat "super clean".

There are lots of talks about eating alkaline foods and keep the body pH balanced. I also read some theories from medical doctors that alkalinity is not a "magic cure" for disease. While all those raw food gurus are trying to sell you their 2 cents on their websites, the concept is not a secret. If you eat clean and healthy, you will feel good. Period.

So I come up with this "anti-detox" detox. I allow myself as much veggies and fruits (mostly alkaline) as I can possibly eat, plus almonds and hemp hearts as protein sources. I eliminate my daily coffee and switch to green tea and filtered water. No dairy, no animal protein, no egg, no sugar, no starch. I dress the veggies with raw apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and dried herbs.

I will go over the detail of my anti-detox journey in Part 2 of the blog. Other than the lack of caffeine I am feeling great so far. I am not starving by any mean. I'll be back, gotta go eat my veggies now.

No comments: