Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Music Does Body Good!

Over the weekend I was playing with an idea of putting a music playlist on my blog. I compiled a list of my favorite songs from 80's and 90's and named the list "Remember These?". You probably have already noticed it on the right side of my blog.
I love music, and my music taste goes all over the board. From jazz to rock to hip hop to classical, I can always find something to listen to. I can't find a better way to get through a tough workout without the ear piercing heavy metal or heart thumping Italo disco.
Study has shown that music can enhance endurance by 15%. One significant new finding is that music can help exercisers to feel more positive even when they are working out at a very high intensity – close to physical exhaustion. New research also suggests that working out to music may give exercisers a cognitive boost.
Turn it up and get jiggy with it!

No comments: